Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Passions in Life

Day in day out we can see people jumping ship from one company to another, or from one profession to another.

Some of us might wonder why do these people do such things. For some, they know why.

It's the same as you buying something you do not like, but you just buy it because you need it. For example, you want to buy a VW Polo GTI. But because you need a car now, you can probably afford only a Perodua Myvi. You will still use the Myvi but you always want a Polo. How you take care of your Myvi is different from how you would take care of the Polo.

Its all about passion. We can see nowadays its a trend that you study something else, and work in a different field altogether. You study law but you want to become an interior designer, or you studied law but you like event management.

As for myself, my passion is to do event management, but I'm a law graduate. I am only a few months away from completing my pupillage program. I've been making deep thinking about my future on where should I go.

I have decided to stay in legal field and pursue my dream in event management later. The problem with this is, I will not enjoy my work if I do not have the passion to practise. To make it worse, I am in the area that I am not familiar with at all.

But I cannot simply leave. I am already in a well established firm. To get in is difficult, but I just want to walk off just like that. I do not think it is a wise idea to do so. So I decided to stay for another year at least. From there, I will see how things are.

Probably I will need to equip myself with interesting information and knowledge on this area I am pracitising to keep me going. I think my problem is that I have been influencing myself that I cannot do it. Actually, I know I can. I just need to work a little bit harder, for me to get the passion.

I know where my weaknesses are, and I am going to overcome them. I need strength and time to do it. God, please help me with this.

I am still not putting aside my passion to do event management. Furthermore, I think I have found a new passion that can make me stay in practice. I want to help the society by providing legal aid. I want to do that, and I will find way to do that.

So guys, if you think you do not like what you are doing, think again. You can always make it better. You can create your passion, but you do not get the opportunities that often. Think wise before you do anything.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment