Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Relationships

What do we know about relationships?

Family relationship? Friendship? Love relationship? relations between 2 ships?

Those who are married or in a very strong and steady relationship will understand this better.

I certainly have not master the art of relationship as I am still learning about it.

This is just my thought, so please do not ever quote me if you disagree with me.

I always like to talk about love relationships first as this involves only 2 persons.

I've been through a few relationships (again I am saying that I do not simply change subject as I please. I have reasons for that and not many are aware of the reasons and do not intend to make it public)

I also observe others' relationships. It's interesting and funny at times, but can also get nasty when you think about relationships.

Some can handle it well, the rest generally cannot. It's always easier said than done, that's a fact.

When you say you love a person, do you really love a person?

Let me give you an example. You are in a relationship. 1 day you got into an argument with your partner. You could not agree with your partner. You then became a newscaster and inform the whole world that you have that problem.

Third party hearing your story might not get the correct version of the story, and even if they did, the news will spread and a different version might be created.

If you really love a person, you solve your problem internally. Speak to your partner properly. You do not go and ask for opinions and worst still, you rely on that opinion. You ask for opinion merely to guide you. Some of the opinion is not applicable to you at all.

Remember that it is you who is in the relationship, not your friends.

Why am I saying this is because I've heard a few that relied solely on their friends' advices without thinking of the applicability. It's the same as you wanting to buy something, but there's no perfect size for you but you still buy it because the salesperson managed to convince you. You go back home and realise, not only the stuff is not nice, and it doesn't even fit you. End up you wasted your money.

Coming back to relationships. Be confident to your decisions. It may be wrong to the eyes of public but deep in yourself, you know why you make such decision. You can get advice from others, but take it only to a point it can fit your situation.

You will be proud if you make your own decision, rather than you rely on someone else's decision.

That is why the malay sayings said ukur baju di badan sendiri and not someone else's body.

And you do not need to tell the whole world through twitter, facebook, etc etc that you are having a problem with your partner. This is so because more often than not, people are easily influenced by one side of story. It is unfair for your partner because your friends listening to you only heard the half part of the story. They have not heard of the other half.

So to friends out there, (now this is in friendship topic), if you really appreciate friendships, be a good friend and listen or at least anticipate the other side of the story as well before you say anything.

I'm sleepy now so I'm going to stop here. This is just the beginning. :D

Tata.




No comments:

Post a Comment